Asian-Style Turkey Meatballs
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Servings 6
Nutrition Values: 590 Calories; 50.7g Fat; 5g Carbs; 29.2g Protein; 2.4g Sugars
pound ground turkey
1/2 pound ground pork
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated eggs, whisked
1/2 cup green onions
cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- tablespoons Shaoxing wine 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste 2 tablespoons sesame oil
cup tomato sauce
- In a mixing dish, thoroughly combine ground turkey, pork, Parmesan cheese, eggs, green onions, garlic, ginger, Shaoxing wine, dark soy sauce, salt, and black pepper; mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Press the “Sauté” button and heat the sesame oil. Sear the meatballs for a couple of minutes or until browned on all sides. Add tomato sauce.
- Secure the lid. Choose the “Manual” setting and cook for 10 minutes under High pressure. Once cooking is complete, use a quick pressure release; carefully remove the lid.
- Serve your meatballs with the sauce. Bon appétit!
2. Turkey Breasts with Homemade Pesto
Preparation Time: 25 minutes Servings 6
Nutrition Values: 391 Calories; 26.3g Fat; 1.8g Carbs; 34.9g Protein; 0.4g Sugars
2 pounds turkey breast
Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup water
tablespoons pine nuts, toasted 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/3 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, halved
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Season turkey breast with salt, black pepper, and paprika.
- Press the “Sauté” button to heat up the Instant Pot. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sear the turkey breast for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Pour in the water and secure the lid. Choose “Poultry” mode and High pressure; cook for 20 minutes. Once cooking is complete, use a quick pressure release; carefully remove the lid.
- To make the pesto sauce, add the pine nuts and fresh basil leaves to your food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until everything is well incorporated. Serve the prepared turkey breast with pesto sauce. Bon appétit!
3. Chinese Meatball Soup
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Servings 6
Nutrition Values: 375 Calories; 24.1g Fat; 7.8g Carbs; 31.1g Protein; 3.3g Sugars
pound ground chicken 1/2 pound ground pork
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped tablespoons scallions, finely chopped teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 Chinese Five-spice powder 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Sea salt, to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed 1 egg, well-beaten
tablespoon olive oil teaspoon dried rosemary 1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup tomato puree, sugar-free
celery stalks, chopped
1 ½ cups Chinese cabbage, chopped
6 cups chicken bone broth, preferably homemade
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the meatballs. Shape the meat mixture into balls; set aside.
- Press the “Sauté” button to heat up the Instant Pot. Heat the olive oil and sear the meatballs on all sides until crisp and browned.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Secure the lid. Choose the “Poultry” setting and cook for 15 minutes under High pressure. Once cooking is complete, use a quick pressure release; carefully remove the lid. Bon appétit!